eurofins – Canada
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This role includes payroll functions, benefits and RRSP plan administration, timely and accurate reporting, annual filings and various HR administrative duties to support multiple Canadian Eurofins businesses. The successful incumbent will have payroll experience and knowledge of payroll processing in multiple Canadian provinces, integrity, strong attention to detail, and the capability to work successfully within a small team of HR professionals.
• Perform benefits and full-cycle payroll administration for a National bi-weekly payroll (800+ associates working with another Payroll Administrator) in sites across Ontario, Alberta and backup for Quebec, if needed
• Support the full payroll and benefits administration for current employees as well as the addition of employees of acquired legal entities
• Provide responsive and consistent quality of customer service resulting in high client and associate satisfaction
• Ensure a high degree of accuracy and strict adherence to deadlines in processing payroll data for multiple locations
• Adjust and maintain payroll data pertaining to new hires, terminations, wage increases, leaves of absence, etc.
• Reconcile issues relating to tax, deductions, calculation of pay and direct deposits
• Carry out month and year-end reconciliations for all payroll related accounts
• Provide support and resolution to employees and managers on payroll matters
• Review and ensure accuracy of approved time cards
• Track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions and entries
• Administer the Group Benefit Plan and Group Retirement Plan
• Ensure that payroll procedures are in compliance with all relevant Federal and Provincial legislation and Eurofins’ organizational policies
• Prepare, distribute, collect, check and process time sheets in close cooperation with all applicable managers
• Calculate and determine pay and benefits entitlements and process pay in conjunction with outside payroll provider
• Prepare and process relevant third party payroll, if applicable
• Process new employee information in the payroll system and, if applicable
• Register new employee for Group Benefits and Retirement Savings Plan
• Process termination of employee in the payroll system, provide employee with Record of Employment and cease Group Benefits
• Process changes relating to payroll, benefits, and group retirement plan, i.e., salary increases, change of position, changes in personal information where employee does not have access
• Prepare and process all government remittances, reporting and third party requirements (for example Requirement to pay garnishee Family Responsibility Office, Receiver General Canada, Revenue Quebec, RL-1 Summary, etc)
• Prepare, update and keep records of vacation, personal and sick day status
• Respond to any employee inquiries in a timely manner
• Process provincial WCB forms and claims
• Prepare and process monthly report, including:
- Payroll month-end report including GL reconciliation, month-end journals and monthly accrual
- FTE calculations
- WCB Monthly remittance
• Prepare and process annual reports, including:
- Annual and Year End Report relating to earnings, taxable benefits, employee information resulting in correct T4 and RL-1 and final reports from the outside payroll provider
- Provincial WCB Annual Assessments
- Employer Health Tax Annual Return
- EI Premium Reduction
- Prepare various reports for management as requested
• Prepare manual cheques and off-cycle runs, if/when required
• Respond to any government enquiry regarding pay or benefits
• File payroll-related documents
• Maintain employee roster list and employee records
• Assist in immigration process for renewing and obtaining Canadian work permits
• Process employee organizational changes such as promotions, transfers, salary increases, hires, exits etc.
• Implementations and conversions to new software; assisting in conversions of acquired companies’ payroll to Eurofins’ platforms
• Assist in HR administrative tasks as needed
· Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related program – or equivalent experience
· Completion of PCP Certification, or actively pursuing
· Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in payroll administration for both salaried and hourly employees
· Experience in Quebec payroll is an asset
· Experience with CGI Nethris is a strong asset
· Experience with MS Office, MS Excel and Data entry
· Experience with all Government Remittances, ROE and T4 and RL-1
· Basic accounting skills/background is an asset
· Working knowledge of Provincial Employment Standards, CRA regulations and Provincial Payroll legislation
Skills and Abilities
· Support our company’s values: integrity, quality, customer focus, competence and team spirit
· Strong communication skills exercising discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
· Sharp analytical, organizational and time-management skills
· Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of excel.
· Provide excellent communication and customer service.
· Effective time management skills
· Take initiative.
· Able to be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.